24 November 2008

Time to Get Our Houses in Order

Not "again."

STILL.

$700 billion has all of a sudden ballooned in size to $7.4 TRILLION. (h/t: Drudge)

Things are going to get a heck of a lot worse, a heck of a lot faster.

All I can say is to get your house solvent, because our country is not... and it will never be as long as our runaway government keeps promising more of our FUTURE INCOME.

Also, CALL your representatives, senators, and the President. Tell them to stop the madness. Do your part to fight this grand theft while you're still allowed to do so.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Really Kannie I can't take it anymore. What's next? The candy industry. I mean how can we afford to continue to bailout everybody without stipulations. Just for them to turn around and fall behind again.

I agree we need to prepare for the unthinkable at this point. I didn't know our government was in the world welfare business.

Happy Thought, Indeed! said...

I noted the $24,000 per person cover charge for each citizen to pay for this package.

Of course, with the graded tax structure that we have, and which will increase in the not too distant future, those of us who are trying to behave responsibly, and have not spent money we didn't have, and therefore not in as serious trouble as those who have will get to pay a lot more than $24,000 to help pay for TARP.

Oh, and I love that it now has a fancy acronym, which I am guessing is supposed to stop people from using the less appealing term, "bailout."