12 November 2008

Manners

As in, what we've largely forgotten in today's society.

Just basic decency and respect for others.

A gay "rights"*** group interrupted a church service, yelling and throwing fliers at people (which, I might note, is technically assault), as well as protesting outside the church.

This kind of intimidation is absolutely unacceptable. What are the consequences of the "protest?" Let's see:
churchgoers were unclear as to the purpose of the demonstration.

The Eaton County Sheriff's Department responded to the scene Sunday but no arrests were made.
Moral of the story: It's okay to act like a violent, spoiled child, as long as you're acting that way toward the politically-unpopular people who disagree with you - those oh-so-threatening religious fundamentalists who, I hope the "protesters" noticed, didn't attack them and yell hateful things back...

***in quotes because they already have specially protected rights - it's not a matter of rights anymore, but rather a matter of shutting down those who disagree, which is neither right nor respectful of others' rights.

4 comments:

Happy Thought, Indeed! said...

This is sad.

Unknown said...

That is so true. I don't think its being taught in the home anymore either.

Jesse said...

Kannie- You commented on my blog a while ago, and I just got around to checkin you out. I love this blog! You are one sharp cookie. I'll be dropping in again, and again. Thanks for your thoughts.

Unknown said...

Jen - absolutely. This is the closest I'm getting to posting on Prop 8 stuff, unless something momentous happens, since the whole issue and the outrageous intimidation happening with it is driving me absolutely batty. I try to just acknowledge it and then move on, which is probably cowardly, now that I think about it. I just can't take any more right now, and it seems that I can't really add to the discussion... {:-)

It's Just Me - agreed! If we had all of (or even most of) the country's homes in order, we'd be avoiding a large part of the messes we find ourselves in right now...

And welcome, Jesse! Thanks for visiting, and please feel free to chime in anytime! :-)