12 August 2008

Um, This Isn't Good

There's a chance that the government might look at enforcing the Fairness Doctrine on the INTERNET. As in BLOGS.

Oy.

Not that they'd come after someone like me who has virtually no traffic, LOL, but STILL. It's horrible.

Here's a summary quote:
McDowell told BMI the Fairness Doctrine isn’t currently on the FCC’s radar. But a new administration and Congress elected in 2008 might renew Fairness Doctrine efforts, but under another name.
The name? Probably "net neutrality."

Count me in on the "crash the phone bank" effort if they try it!!! Not that they'd listen, but hey... one more straw can't hurt, right?

1 comment:

Ann said...

I'm all for writing those letters and crashing the phone banks. I just keep hoping that if I squawk enough, something miiiight get through!