23 October 2008

The Hostiles

Yep. Hostiles. I could call them "The Others," but I believe that term is pretty well-taken by the Lost series.

Why don't I put a bumper sticker on my car once I've made up my mind? (Well, aside from not wanting to deface my form of transportation?) (And no, these stories do not mean I'm supporting McCain; I'm just illustrating how the Rabid Ones tend to work...)

(h/t Drudge)

So...

Free speech vs. the Savages. Hostiles. Rabid Ones. I'm trying to come up with a good nickname to use for this particular faction of society.

This is a natural outgrowth of what I call, "PC overload." Political correctness is becoming the highest law of the land - and only the officially-endorsed, politically-correct opinion. People view legitimate political opinions - not "fighting words" - as personal attacks now, and they're evolving into physical attacks. Not that the attacks are sanctioned, of course, but good luck reining it in.

Sure hope that Free Speech survives the election.

No comments: